Friday, February 8, 2008

WEIGH IN - PREGNANCY PILLOWS

Occasionally I would like everyone to weigh in on a topic and get your opinions! PLEASE PARTICIPATE as I would love your feedback. Today I would like to do a "weigh in" on Pregnancy Pillows. (NO I am not pregnant), but this is something that I researched a lot and bought one and I HATED it. I never did find one that I loved and I see all of these different kinds at the store and wonder if they help. I had bad back pain when I was pregnant and they say it helps to have a pillow between you knees. I tried it and it didn't realy help, so I wonder if a certain pillow would have done the trick.

I bought the Snoozer and it was just too big and bulky and hard to even wrap my legs around (maybe if I were taller I would have liked it)

There is the Snoogle, Boppy makes a "cuddle pillow" and a wedge and there are others.

So..tell me your thoughts on the subject!

6 comments:

Staci said...

I had a long body pillow when I was pregnant and LOVED it. I got it at Bed, Bath & Beyond... The cover was really soft and it wasn't to thick. It was perfect!!! My husband actually named it "BOB" because I think he was a little jealous that I was spending so much time cuddled up to it... I paid $9.99 for the pillow and it saved my life!!!

Amy said...

I also used a plain old body pillow. I can't really say it took away all the pain and discomfort that is often felt during pregnancy, but it did give some relief!

Melynda said...

I used a plain body pillow as well. Nothing too fancy but if I remember it helped me sleep better.

Karen Scoffield said...

Thanks, guys. I have heard that. I think I will try it next time.

Arin said...

I tried a plain body pillow and it didn't seem to help me too much. However, I get super huge and have enormous babies so that might have something to do with it!!!

Jacy said...

I never had an actual pregnancy pillow, but I have slept with a regular body pillow forever and when I was prego it really did help me sleep better at night. : ) So, my vote is like everyone else.. just a good ol' body pillow.