Friday, February 15, 2008

TARGET RETURNS

I have a love hate relationship with Target Although I love Target...I HATE their return policy. (And it continues to get worse over time). The latest: you cannot return an item on a WEDDING or BABY registry without a gift receipt unless it is under $20 and even then you only get 2 returns allowed to you per year. How ridiculous! This also applies to anyone else who wants to return an item to Target without a gift receipt. You cannot return your item unless it is under $20 either. Moral of the story: if you buy someone a gift from Target you HAVE to give them a gift receipt.

If you buy something from Target and want to return it..you better have a receipt or the only thing that will save you is if you put it on a credit card they can track your purchase that way so you won't need your receipt. So..moral of this story: Think through your Target purchases and returns and always, ALWAYS purchase everything at Target on a credit card.

Lastly, I am pretty sure they will NOT take any type of return (receipt of otherwise) after 90 days, you better not wait either!

4 comments:

Chelsea said...

Ahhh, I have so many bad experiences with Target and returns! I'm so used to Nordi's or Babinski's- they'll take back anything. Even Babies-r-us is great about returns? Target really needs to jump on the bandwagon!

natasha said...

i uber hate their return policy. Most of the time if it is a gift and i know wal-mart carries it, i will return there for store credit. lame.

Kath said...

I DESPISE their return policy! Such a disappointment from what I have, in the past, considered to be my favorite store. The policy applies to EVERYTHING...you can only have two returns a year without a receipt PERIOD. Ridiculous. It seems like that must be their new tactic to make up for lost revenue. Rar!

Kati said...

I know a lot of people LOVE Target...but I hardly ever shop there. I think their prices are too high for the items they sell...((except sales, I do realize they do have some good sales on things))and their return policy is the exact reason I won't shop there. For me...customer service is everything. They really lack in that department.