Monday, February 4, 2008

FLIP VIDEO

This is what I want for VALENTINES this year. It is called the Flip Video I love how portable it is (I wouldn't hesitate to keep it in my purse or diaper bag). I also love that it is easy to download videos (has a usb that flips out) and that it has good video quality (as opposed to your digital still cameras with video..this is a real video camera). And..best of all it is affordable. There are a few different models, but I want the ultra model as it records up to 60 minutes of video (2 gb). It's msrp is $180, but several websites have it for $150. It is pretty new, so you won't find it in very many stores. I plan to buy mine from Costco.com for $150 (w/ free shipping) so I can return it if something goes wrong within 90 days after I get it. I always take a lot of still pics. when I am out and about, but this will encourage me to take more video!

Update: I found the Flip on Amazon.com cheaper. See "I recommend" on the side bar.

*Thanks to Jon for the info. on this and for telling me about how much he likes his!
** One more thing. It does take AA batteries (a downfall in my opinion), so you would want to buy the rechargable AA batteries!

1 comment:

Jon and Ashley Lefrandt said...

So Flattered that I made the Karens Tips page! I also think that the AA battery thing is lame. I wish i could just charge it in the wall... such is life :( It is still a great camera! :)