Tuesday, March 11, 2008

HAIR BOW CLASSES!!!


I am sooo excited about this I can hardly stand it. My friend is going to be teaching bow making classes in the Utah area. She is SO talented and is willing to share her tips and secrets at amazing bows, headbands, flowers, etc. Read below for her words of exactly what she is doing. I am going to have her do a class at my home in South Jordan (let me know if you are interested in coming as there are only 10 spots). I haven't decided on a date yet. (but I am going to have her teach us how to make tutus too).

UPDATE: I have decided on Saturday, April 12th from 11:30-1:30 to hold the bow making class at my home. The class is now FULL. I think I might do another class, though. Email me if you are interested scoffieldk{at}gmail{dot}com

(and email Kati if you want to hold a class for all your friends!)

Words from Kati:
---------------------------

I have had my own hair bow/baby accessories business for a few years now. It has been amazing and I have loved every minute of it. I have been very fortunate to have success in this business with some upscale boutiques and clients...but I am ready to move on. My new business is taking all my attention and creativity right now, but I would like to pass on the knowledge.

Hair bows are the big thing right now and I am thinking about teaching some classes to share all the things that the "pros" don't want you to know. I am in Utah and I would be willing to drive anywhere from Sandy/Midvale area to Springville/Spanish Fork. The class would have to have at least 8 people, no more than 10 to a class. All materials will be provided. We will be making at least 5 projects.

FREE Bonus class...
**learn to make tutus!**Any interest?If so, send me an email to...
littlebitoflove76{at}gmail{dot}com

I will send you a detailed description with pictures of what the class will teach. Pricing info will be sent upon this request. I will offer a discount to the first class booked....as it will be a trial run!


Some of the instruction would include...

lining clips
attaching flowers to clips
the secrets to the nylon headband
classic boutique bow -
using MY own unique method, to getting perfect loops every time.
clippies
stacking bows
knotted centers
secrets to making your clips "no slip"
best online supply stores
Secrets to starting and being successful in the business
I will share it all and hold nothing back....for a look at just a small fraction of my work...go to
littlebitunlimited.etsy.com
I started an etsy store to try and down-scale my business. This is pretty much the only place I am selling my stuff for the time being.

11 comments:

Staci said...

I am a customer of these bows and my daughter is one of the cute models... I will be signing up for this class... It is for sure worth it if you are planning on having baby girls.

Brit H. said...

Karen, I would love to come to the class. Let me know when and where!

Thanks!

Jinii said...

I have been reading you blog for awhile but never commented. I know shame on me. Anyway I would love to come to this class if you still have room. Please email me the details jinii_boren@yahoo.com.

Karen Scoffield said...

Thanks Brittany and Jinii. I will let you know when I decide on a date and time. I was thinking a Thurs. evening or Saturday around 11:00. What do you think?

Marianne said...

This looks like a fun class. I am sure Liz would like to attend as well as myself if there is still room.

Unknown said...

Karen, don't forget that I really want to come. Let me know when you decide to do the class. It was nice to see you the other night!

Christina

Anonymous said...

sign me up! I don't have any girls but I still want to learn! Let me know when you plan on having it and I will work it in! THanks for the invite!

Anonymous said...

Sorry, let me know if you have more oppenings, I have a few friends that would love to come!

Unknown said...

I am realy in. I accidentaly deleted you email, so could you let me know the date again? Thanks

christina

Jinii said...

I wasn't sure if you got my email but count me in! Do we just need to bring a check with us or do you need it before hand?

Unknown said...

hello, how are you today...I'm really interested in the hair bow classes in Utah, please if there is a chance to participate, please let me know...
thanks, Joninka Baudet
8013586168
email: joninka@gmail.com