Thursday, March 6, 2008

GIFT IDEAS FOR 2nd BIRTHDAY

I need some toy/gift ideas for my son's 2nd birthday in a few months. My sister turned me onto the Bilibo and I think I will get one. It was designed in Switzerland. It is hard to describe..you just have to go on their website and watch the video and look at the pictures. It is very simple, but can serve a lot of purposes and help children use their imagination. You can buy just one or two to lock together. They also make a mini bilibo.


*Can anyone give me any more ideas for fun gifts for a 2 year old? I am thinking about buying a trike. Radio Flyer makes a cute one with a removable handle in back and a little bucket. I think it is made to copy the Kettler Kettrike. The Kettler trikes seem great, but they are expensive. Does anyone know if it is worth the price? Do you have a bike/trike you recommend for a 2 year old (or should I wait until he is older)? Any advice would be appreciated.

6 comments:

Brittany said...

Hey Karen, When my daughter turned two, we got her the fisherprice slide and the fisherprice car. (The red one with the yellow rooftop) At two, my girls couldn't work the pedals on trikes yet.

Jen V said...

LEGOs. Get the Duplo kind and just get a small set to see if he's interested - they are cheap. If you don't already have nesting boxes - these are great too. My kids are 3 and 4 now and they still love to play with them. They are also a great teaching tool. Search "nesting boxes" on amazon.com (Melissa & Doug brand are fab). A book - my kids get a book every holiday - can't go wrong with books!

Melissa said...

Radioflyer makes a really cute wagon for taking on walks around the block, to the zoo, etc. It's actually perfect for the zoo because it fits inside and out side the different locations with animals.

Melissa said...

Karen,
I went and watched the video on this product and I think my boys would love some of these! I want to get a couple of each size. Thanks so much, I never would have found them. They don't sell them in Utah.

~Melissa

Karen Scoffield said...

Thanks everyone for the tips. My son has a slide and loves it. He does love the Cozy Coupe whenever we go to discovery gateway, so that is a good idea. Jen..someone else recommended the Lego duplos to me the other day as well. I will definitely check them out. I loved the Melissa and Doug stacking cubes too! Have you seen the Dado Cubes, they nest, but also interlock which is fun?

christensen crew said...

Fisher Price Geo Tracks! A Train set. Surprised? Yep, my boys LOVE these, and they are easy and fun for younger kids, Parker would LOVE them. They also entertain for hours!