Friday, March 28, 2008

AAA Membership

I should work for AAA because I am such a huge fan of AAA and believe everyone that owns a car should have a AAA membership. AAA sells car insurance, homeowner's insurance, etc., but what I am talking about is a AAA membership.

It gets you discounts at so many places..(too many to mention here you will have to look at their site). A few that I like are great discounts on hotels, Hertz rental car, 10% off Target.com, 15% off Linens n' Things.com. Free parking at Disneyland. The list goes on and on. In some states you can even buy discounted movie tickets. You can also get free road maps and guide books.

I love the Discounts offered by AAA, but the main reason I have a membership is for their road side service. Unlike other companies (like Onstar) that just call assistance for you. AAA not only calls for help, but they cover the cost! You can get your tire changed, car towed, keys unlocked out of your car, gas brought to you if you run out! You can have 4 calls per card per year. I love the peace of mind I have from AAA while driving on the road with my son. I blew a tire on the freeway a few years back while I was alone at night. AAA sent someone right away and I stayed in my car while the tire was changed. I was back on the road 40 minutes after I called them.

A membership costs $56 for one person and $26 to add an additional card (for a child or spouse). There is also a $17 one time membership fee to join. You will more than pay back the cost of the card with all of the discounts and emergency service. *These prices are for UT. The vary from State to State.

*Are you convinced? You all better go out and get a membership today!!

3 comments:

Nirvana Man said...

I'm considering a AAA membership. Did you take the basic/AAA Plus membership?

Karen Scoffield said...

I do the plus so I can be towed up to 100 miles, if necessary. Otherwise I think they will tow 5 miles from your break down point to the nearest repair shop. I like having options..especially if you are in a rural area. I think the have changed the policy recently that you can't add plus unless you have not used your towing for one year (because people abuse it).

Kath said...

I can definitely add my testimonial to this post...I am all about AAA!!! Best money ever spent! We have saved tons on hotels and such with the discounts, they've unlocked our car, towed us, you name it...all included as part of your membership. It rocks.