Saturday, January 12, 2008

TODDLER CAR SEAT

For those of you who know me, you know that I am obsessed with researching and buying baby gear. I have been into this before I even had children (I know I am crazy). Anyway, I get asked a lot which Toddler Car Seat I recommend. Car Seats and Strollers are like buying a car. Everyone has their opinions and features they want and certain cars/models appeal to them. So...I don't expect you all to agree with me. I think the best Toddler Car Seat is the BRITAX MARATHON. Here is the information on it from Britax's website:


"The Britax Marathon™ is the number one selling Britax convertible child seat and is ideal for parents seeking premium comfort and a higher, forward-facing weight capacity. The tangle-free, five-point harness and push-button LATCH connectors help to tightly secure your child every day. Unique features include the patented Versa-Tether® for energy management, and rear and forward facing recline for child comfort and positioning. The Marathon fits children rear facing from five to 33 pounds and children forward facing from at least one year old and 20 pounds, up to 65."
*******
I love that it can go up to 65 lbs. and is tall enough for children to be comfortable in for quite awhile. Some other brands I have seen the kids are too tall for them at age 2! Although it is pricey and retails for $269, you can find some good deals on 2007 models right now. Follow this link to Albeebaby.com and you will see one for $219.99 (w/ free shipping) http://www.albeebaby.com/br20macocars9.html

If you want a girly pattern, the Ashley Floral and Olivia patterns are on sale at http://www.bestbuybaby.com/britmar20.html

*This car seat is big, so it might not fit in small cars very well, but you could check out the Britax Diplomat designed for smaller cars.

2 comments:

Melynda said...

Debbie sent me the link to your blog because I was researching car seats. I ended up going with the Britax roundabout before I read your post. I will be using it for my 6 month old and I plan on moving her to a larger one when I have another baby. I did a ton of research and found that Britax seems to be the best. I bought it off albeebaby.com, so I am glad I got the best deal. They also have great deals on McClaren Strollers. Thanks for all your fun tips!

Karen Scoffield said...

Sounds good, Melynda. You will like the Roundabout. The only drawback is the height. It seems to get too small for kids once they hit around 2 to 2 1/2 years old. (they get too tall for it). Thanks for checking out the blog.