Wednesday, January 30, 2008

DIAPER PAIL

I was going to delete this post due to the negative feedback and some information I read about the Diaper Champ having defects and such, but I thought it might help to have it on here, so people can see that the no diaper pail option might just be the way to go!

I was forbidden by my mother to use a diaper pail. She said it is disgusting and I should NOT get one. So..I didn't. I take all of my diapers out to my garage. It is a pain, but then I don't have to clean a dirty/disgusting diaper pail either, so I guess there is a trade off. I know that doesn't work for everyone (especially if you live in an apartment or condo). So..I have read that the best Diaper pail is the Diaper Champ as it has the most important features in a diaper pail (in my opinion). It accepts regular kitchen bags, so you don't have to buy expensive liners. It is easy to use, keeps out the smell (at least I have heard) and is easy to clean. And..mothers of girls will be happy to hear that they now make a pink and white version!

7 comments:

DeSpain Domain said...

I have used the Diaper Champ with both kids. I really do like it for the convenience, especially when they are newborn and have so many diapers. However, when they start eating baby food and real food, I take them out to the garbage (because I think you can start to smell the dirty diapers).

Kari said...

I'm with your Mom! I think they are gross! Just take the extra five steps to the garbage! :)

Kirkland's said...

I have one of these and HATE it, the diapers still stink....it's still sitting out on our back patio unused. I need to throw it out, putting them in the garbage can is the best remedy for the stinkers!

Ashley said...

I threw mine away. We (I mean Nick) cleaned it religiously but we couldn't keep the stink from seeping through the cracks. We now use 1 grocery bag outside on the patio and then take it to the trash daily. (Best we can do living in an apartment.)

Amanda said...

Hi. I am new to your blog and I was reading your past posts. I love all the info you have on here. I have a questions. Have you heard anything about cloth diapers? what's out there, pros and cons? I am having a boy in a few months and am considering them. Have you heard anything?

Karen Scoffield said...

I have not looked into this. I would check the book Baby Bargains (my favorite baby resource book) to see what they say. I am sure they have done research on this.

Karen Scoffield said...

I have not looked into this. I would check the book Baby Bargains (my favorite baby resource book) to see what they say. I am sure they have done research on this.