Friday, April 11, 2008

SITES FOR LDS CALLINGS

Some people have asked for sites to help with LDS Church callings. I would love any input if any of you know of more!

Most of you know about my all time favorite sugardoodle.net Sugar Doodle also will link you to other good sites like Mormonshare, The Idea Door, etc.

You can also join a Yahoo Group that was formed for your specific calling. It is where others with the same calling join the group too and everyone swaps ideas and posts about things they are doing in their calling. People even post files of things that they have used or created. Just be careful to not get the "daily digest" where you get all the emails that anyone in the group sends. Unless you want a million emails a day! These groups are not endorsed by the LDS Church, so it is just people's own opinions and you need to be careful to use your own discretion and inspiration as well as know the Church policies. These are some of the groups I have joined in the past for various callings. If I do not have a group you are looking for just go on groups.yahoo.com and try searching for a group that might help you out.

Primusic - 3,551 members for Primary Choristers

lds-youngwomen - 2,164 members for Young Women leaders

LDS_Young_Women - 1,775 members also for Young Women leaders (I'm not sure why there are 3 of them), but they are different.

YW leaders - 1,610 members also for Young Women

PrimaryPage - 6,572 members for Primary leaders/teachers

Nursery - 1,203 members for Nursery leaders/teachers

They also have groups for Sunbeams, Cub Scouts, Girls camp, etc.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Thanks Karen! I just got online to get some tips for my YW lesson and of course you had a post listing all the sites that I need. THANKS!

Jon and Ashley Lefrandt said...

While I am not the biggest fan of Meridian magazine, someone referred me to their site for help on gospel doctrine lessons. I am a gospel doctrine teacher and tonight as I have been going through my lesson I read through some of their "enhanced" lesson plans and was really impressed with their outlines and additional information that they had available. Worth looking at if you are a gospel doctrine teacher for sure!

Sommers said...

Karen,

Thanks so much!!! This is just want I needed. I kept looking to see if you commented, but you hadn't. Then you did a post! YEA........