Wednesday, April 16, 2008

DELTA

CORRECTION:
The policy of an additional bag fee will take effect on May 5, 2008.

The airlines are really tightening their belts lately. I am not sure about the new policies with other airlines, but here are Delta's:

-Each passenger is only allowed (1) checked bag. An additional bag is $25. The (1) bag you check must weigh less than 50 lbs. if it is over then you pay $80 for 51-70 lbs. and $150 for 71-100 lbs. Strollers are allowed for free, but it does not mentions pack n' plays, so you will need to make arrangements for a bed for your child wherever you are going. (Unless you want to pay $25 to check one). An unticketed child is not allowed any baggage. A ticketed child is alloted their (1) bag.

-At the SLC Airport the sky cabs are able to check your bags and print a boarding pass (it is so convenient and beats going inside and standing in line). In the past you only had to pay a tip for this service. Now, the airlines are charging $3 a bag for this service (plus the tip you give). Delta will let you get around this if you check in online and be sure to put the number of bags you have they will waive the $3 a bag fee.

-One more thing about Delta. If you do not add to or take away from your Skymiles for a 2 year period then you will lose them!

** I do not know if they would let you check a stroller and a car seat with your bags (it is probably one or the other). We always take our son in his stroller and snugrider (or travel system if you use one) to the gate when he is an infant and in his Toddler Car Seat with the Go Go Kidz Travelmate now that he is older, so we check those items at the gate instead of with our bags. When we get to the gate we always ask if they have an extra seat we can put our son in. When he turns 2 we will do the same thing, but we will have to purchase the seat.

If you want to not worry about it and take your baby to the gate to hold them on your lap then check their car seat with your bags and push your child in their stroller and check it at the gate.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are amazing, how the heck do you find out about all this stuff??? We need to hang out again.

Anonymous said...

Also, the What Women Want Expo is coming May 2-3 I think. It is at the South Town Expo Center, My sister went to it in St. George and said it was awesome!

Jodi said...

Karen,

I LOVE your blog! I am sorry that I don't comment more. I will get on top of it! Thank you SO much for the Delta information. We are flying them in June and wouldn't have known any of this information had it not been for you. Plus, we will have Brody on our laps so I'm glad to know that I can't take an extra bag for him but his stroller is allowed. Do you know anything about the carseat?

Anyway, thank you again for all of your wonderful tips! I have passed your blog onto a lot of people and I've also put a link on my blog. :)

Jodi

Joy said...

YEAH!! I am so excited that I am flying delta in two weeks, alone with Paityn. ONE BAG? are you serious? that is going to be rough for me and baby for 6 days!!! If I had only known three days ago, my dad was in town and drove to cali where I will be and couldve taken somethings. Oh well, next time!

Karen Scoffield said...

I am flying next week with my son and I have just resorted to the fact that I am going to pay $25 to keep my sanity and be able to take 2 suitcases...