Thursday, April 10, 2008

BEST NURSING COVERS

Nursing Covers came out right after I was done nursing my son. I will definitely get one the next time around. I think they are genius! So much better than trying to hold a blanket up and worry about the child pulling it down. Here are some of the companies that stand out to me.

The Milk Chic cover is a great price and has similar features to the others. It is $24 and comes with Free Shipping. They also have some unique fabrics. They are offering readers a free diaper dandee (a $9 value) when you purchase a nursing cover if you put RTK (from "Random Tips from Karen") in at your paypal checkout.

The Mommy Cover is the most expensive cover in this group. The 2 things that make it stand out are the reel system (a reel that goes around your back to pull the 2 sides of the cover together and give you full coverage on your sides). It also has a silk neck band and is 2 sided. It costs around $48. They were shown in the Utah Baby Guide and you can use LOVEUTAH on their website to get 15% off or mention the guide at the local stores in Utah to also get the discount.


I really like the Milk Mumu because of all the features for the price. They have great fabric choices, a large terry cloth pocket to hold nursing pads and a fabric case to hold the cover that could also hold diapers and wipes. The have some covers on sale for $23.99 and they are $27.99 regular price. Right now on the main page of their site you can click a link to get 10% off.

Probably the most "well known" nursing cover is the Bebe au Lait also known as the Hooter Hider. They have some great fabrics (I love the one above) and are priced from $35-$38.

9 comments:

*WEST* said...

I love your sight!!! I have many friends that I have reffered here as well. Thanks for having so much great info! Have a GREAT day!!!

Chelsea said...

I've never tried a nursing cover either, but I love the idea too. Especially the one that covers your sides too.

Joy said...

I love my nursing cover, however, it is not a brand name, geoff's cousin sells them. i do like the one that goes around to the back, but what happens when the baby is too big for that to work, i think it may be a waste of money to buy that kind. just my opinion!! i hate when i STILL see women just using a blanket, haven't they caught on to the bandwagon yet?

Kati said...

I just had to laugh at this post and think to myself....
"HA! I will never need a hooter hider again!"

I thought it would make me sad...but I am so happy. Hooter Hider be gone!

Amy said...

My sister has a nursing cover and loves it! It is nice not to worry about what is showing!!!

Shelley said...

Yes, it's true...I do, and I love it. But it is a no-name, my neighbor actually made it for me...but I LOVE it. What a genius idea.

Oh, and can you post a link to that yahoo primary chorister group thingy? Thanks!

Amy said...

One that i found is Juss Tin Case (www.jusstincase.com). I love it that they make these!

Heidi said...

Hi Karen! Master of Tips!

I just wanted to tip you off to our Oh Sweet Sadie! Spring Shows...we'll actually have a few of the things you've mentioned lately...nursing covers, Boot Scoot bikes, pettiskirts. TWO weekends this time...one in Herriman and one in Draper with over 60 artisans at each show. We've got our blog contests up and going too...www.ohsweetsadie.com. :) Love ya Karen!

Heidi

Jeremy said...

Thank you karen! I'm about to travel with my 4 month old and I have been looking into covers but I had no clue about any of them. This was helpful!