Friday, May 16, 2008

HEAVEN SENT!

Sorry for the delay in posting today. I would like to tell you about 2 different things that have saved my life lately!!!


The first is Inkley's Camera. I purchased my Digital SLR from there because I did some research beforehand and saw that they had an extended warranty that you could purchase for your camera. The reason I was interested in this warranty is because they will replace or repair your camera no matter what! If you drop it, step on it, drive over it with your car...whatever it is they will cover it (except fire, I believe). I recently dropped my camera (which I have only had since December) and it broke my lens. I took the lens in and the didn't ask me any questions they just sent it away to get fixed and called me 2 1/2 weeks later to pick it up. Free of charge!
The other company that really saved me lately is Mozy. You can back up your home computer through their site for only $4.95 a month for unlimited storage!!! I have been backing mine up (it backs up automatically each day) for a few months and recently when my hard drive failed on me I was able to recover all of my data very easily through logging onto their site and finding my latest download. I am telling you guys..it is the best $4.95 you will spend each month. Do it today!

3 comments:

Arin said...

I bought my digital SLR from Ritz 2 1/2 years ago for the same reason. Luckily I haven't had any major incidents. Here's a question though...was it a kit lens that came with the camera that was covered (I thought it was just the camera body?) Maybe I should look into that... Are you a Nikon or Canon girl???

Karen Scoffield said...

It was a kit lens, but I also got a free lens with my camera and because of that it is covered under the warranty I purchased. I also purchased an additional lens recently and I purchased the extended warranty on that. I am a Canon Girl. How about you? Isn't it so much fun to have a fast/nice camera? I am loving it and I am sad that I didn't have it when my son was first born.

Lindsey said...

I'm glad to hear that Inkley's is good on their warranties. I bought my SLR there in November and purchased the warranty. I'm a Canon girl, too!