Tuesday, December 18, 2007

CABINET LOCKS

I really like these cabinet locks to keep kiddos out. The reason I like them are:
-The do not drill into your cabinet. They have a strong adhesive backing instead.
-The use a magnetic key that you just hold up to the cabinet where the lock is
located and it pulls the lock down so you can open the cabinet.
-You can disengage the lock so that when the children aren't around the cabinet
is not locked and you don't need the magnetic key.

The only negative is the price. They are not cheap, but they are worth it to me to not have to drill holes in my cabinets and try to shove my finger in the cabinet and press down on a lock everytime I want to get in my cabinets. Some of you have sweet little children that never get into cabinets. Unfortunately, I have a very curious child that would get into every cabinet without a lock, so I finally had to put them on every cabinet in my kitchen and even a few drawers!

You can get them online or at Babies R' Us online or in the store. I would recommend buying them in the store in case you have a problem with them and need to return them. The locks and the keys are sold separately unless you buy the starter set with the key. The most cost effective was is to buy the 4 pack for $25 and the key for $7.

One last tip...buy a few keys and store them on something metal so the magnet sticks to it. We store ours in a drawer on the screws inside from the cabinet handles.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2470506

ONE MORE THING...I know these seem confusing, but the key the picture shows is just the magnet you hold up to you cabinet to unlock them. It isn't on there all the time. I hope that helps.

4 comments:

TC Jolley said...

Karen, I just have to tell you that I love your blog... it keeps me updated on new things... THANKS!

TC

Karen Scoffield said...

Thanks, Tice. It is good to hear. I was wondering if anyone even looks at it or cares and I was wondering if I am wasting my time. I am open to suggestions if you would like me to post about something specific. Otherwise, I will keep plugging along :)

Amy said...

Karen, I came across your blog while looking at someone else's! What a great idea to share your tips! I have one question for you...Did you make your own blog template or did you download it? I am always looking for new templates! Take care!
www.ourthomasonfamily.blogspot.com

Karen Scoffield said...

Hi Amy, How fun to hear from you. My sister-in-law did my template for me. I think she got the paper off shabbyprincess.com I hope that helps because I have no idea how to do it! I just decided to password protect my personal blog, so I will send you an invite if you want to check it out.